Marine Biologist / Marine Mammal Observer (MMO)
Coast Ridge Ecology (CRE) is an ecological consulting firm located in San Francisco, California. CRE is a certified small business in the State of California and a Local Business Enterprise in the City and County of San Francisco, and has been in business since 2007. CRE serves a variety of private and public agency clients in conducting endangered species surveys and reporting, permitting assistance, and biological monitoring.
We are looking to fill 3 part-time positions for MMOs for a project in San Francisco Bay from August 2012 – Summer 2013.
* Monitor for marine mammals (California sea lion, harbor seal, harbor porpoise, and elephant seal) during construction activities (pile driving) and regattas.
* Collect data on marine mammal behavior in relation to construction and race activities, and data on environmental conditions.
* Communicate with other MMOs and construction supervisors and crews; Responsible for monitoring construction activities to prevent injury to marine mammals.
* Use binoculars, the naked eye, digital video/camera, radio, GPS, and range finder to document marine mammal behavior and movements.
* Minimum of BA or BS in biological science, wildlife management, mammalogy, or related field
* Experience or training in field identification of marine mammals, including the identification of behaviors (especially local experience)
* Experience and ability to conduct field observations and collect data
* Have transportation to job site (multiple locations along the San Francisco waterfront between Pier 80 and Aquatic Cove)
* Reliable, responsible, and professional
* Work well individually and in a team environment
* Have excellent communication and writing skills
* Be in good physical condition
Coast Ridge Ecology complies with all State of California, and City and County of San Francisco labor laws. If you are qualified for this position, please email a resume with your qualifications and professional references to CRecology@gmail.com. Please provide a brief summary of your pertinent qualifications in the body of your email.
Alle Infos über Jobangebote, Praktika und freiwillige Mitarbeit, Studium, Studienmöglichkeiten, Jobs
1 Beitrag • Seite 1 von 1